Make personal emergency preparedness a priority by Being Hokie Ready. Start off with these five simple steps:
- Keep help on hand. Download the LiveSafe mobile safety app and explore campus safety resources.
- Stay informed. Connect with reliable campus news sources like Virginia Tech News so you know what’s going on in your community. You can also follow Be Hokie Ready on Facebook and Twitter for regular tips on how to be more prepared.
- Save your contacts. There’s going to be a time when your phone lets you down. Write down emergency contacts in several safe, easily accessible locations so you can get help without cell phone access.
- Have a plan. Cover the basics: know two exits out of your buildings, establish a roommate meet-up zone, and figure out how to let your loved ones know you’re okay.
- Make an emergency kit. They’re not just for the Zombie Apocalypse — have some food, water, clothes, and cash ready to go at a moments notice.